Thursday, May 17, 2012

Inspired Stamps- Anything But a Card

Hello everyone.  Today the Inspired Stamps DT were asked to make "anything but a card".  I saw this scripture holder at a local store and thought I can make that, so here is my attempt.  I used several Inspired Stamp sets.  I thought this would be a great source of inspiration or perhaps to aid in scripture memory.  Just change the card out each day or each week. I used a white crayon to trace around the image  and then inked with Distress ink, (peeled paint) and wiped off the excess ink with soft cloth to achieve the shadow.
Here are the some of the supplies. Cardboard (recycled), dp, business cards, cardstock, edger die (to cut top shape), grudge board (used for card holder), ribbon, distress ink, Memento ink, Spellbinders and lots of Inspired Stamps.

Here is the finished product with a different scripture card.  I used verses and images from several Inspired Stamp sets: Guard Your Heart, His Word, Card Ministry Basics, His Cross, Trees and Leaves, His Plans For You, Be Still Silhouettes, Bind and Stitch. Below you can see the back.  I covered the cardboard with cardstock for a more finished look.





Scripture cards that can be changed out as you desire.  I think this would make a great gift for a graduate or shut in, or anyone else who you feel might need a bit of encouragement.  I hope you enjoyed my post.  Thanks for stopping by, if you have any questions please let me know.  Please check out the other DT members creations today as well.  Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chere! I LOVE your idea!! What a Fabulous project, love how you decorated the card holder, and you made so many gorgeous Scripture cards for it too. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chere,
    I am absolutely blown away by this clever and GORGEOUS project!! I agree this would make a great gift idea for anyone!! Your cards are just spectacular and SO inspiring! I'm going to have to make this!! Thanks so much for all the time you put into this. You've really made something special here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! What a cool gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chere, What a fabulous idea this is. I love it. Just one question: Is that a purchased mini easel for the card holder to sit on???? I have to try making one of these. Thanks for sharing. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, yes it is a purchased mini easel. I believe I purchased it at Jo-Ann's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, Chere! What a great idea! I love it, came out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete