Friday, May 11, 2012

Unity- Friends with Flair

 It is Friday and I made this ribbon bookmark with Unity's Ippity Books a Flutter stamp for Friends With Flair.  When I saw this cute stamp set (2) I knew I had to have it.  We love to read in my house.

 I saw this clever idea out in the blog-o-sphere (not sure where) of making these ribbon bookmarks with elastic hairbands.  I had trouble getting my ribbon to stick to itself, but after several types of adhesives it is sticking.  (I tried sticky strip to find all end let go, tried glossy accents to find it went through all layers and then tried glue dots and everything has stayed for over a week, sliding it on and off books).
 I will still be looking for an alternative adhesive, so if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

I used Spellbinders to cut the pieces.  I used two pieces of black so that I could attach them with a brad in the middle of the hair band and then cover over the brad with the image panel. I folded over the ribbon and glued under for a clean edge.  I used a gem on each end for some bling (and to cover where the glossy accents bled through the ribbon :)).  I also added some clear Stickles to the butterfly for some more sparkle.  Below you can see the book open with the ribbon marking your page.


Here is the ribbon off the book.  It is very cute and clever way to mark your page.  Thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you think.  I am sorry the photos did not turn out better, but I hope you get the idea.  Happy Mother's Day to all you moms, I hope you have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Chere! This is such a clever idea! Your bookmark looks Awesome! Love it.
    On the adhesive, have you tried Ranger's Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium? It works really well with fabric as well as paper. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very clever idea. I could see that this could be adapted to any stamp. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea! Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea - perfect image to use for a bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really neat project! I might have to CASE it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful bookmark idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto the other comments. Love how you did the books and butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome choice for a bookmark image!
    Happy FWF Friday!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea, and the bookmark you made is awesome. You could even make a matching card, and use it for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous book mark--so very creative. Great coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bookmark. very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bookmark! And love Eva's idea above!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an awesome bookmark! I may have to try that! Isn't this world of blogging something? I'm amazed at the ideas to be found out there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is the perfect stamp to make a bookmark with and it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete