Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hero Arts- Mother's Day card

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I wanted to share over the next few posts some Mother's Day cards I made.  This card was made for a sweet friend of mine.  She used to sew from patterns and I thought she would love this.  I fell in love with this dress pattern stamp from Hero Arts as soon as I saw it.  I have sewn from a pattern a few times, but I am definitely not in my comfort zone.  I would much rather make things from paper (like this lovely card!) 
 I made the card base from my fav, Kraft cardstock.  (I love, love, love, black ink on Kraft cardstock). I used the Hero Art alphabet and numbers background stamp stamped directly on the background with Tuxedo black ink.  I used vintage photo distress ink around the edges.  I stamped the dress pattern image on white cardstock and then used antique linen distress ink and a little vintage photo around the edges.  I added a black scallop (Fiskars border punch) and a bit of lace at the bottom.  I still felt it needed something so I pulled in a rolled flower paperclip that my friend could remove and use as a bookmark.
I hope you like my vintage Mother's Day card.  I love how it turned out.  Thank you for stopping by and please share your comments, I really love to hear from you other talented ladies.  Have a great weekend.  Check back in a few days for I will share my other Mother's Day card created from Penny Black stamps.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I love the lace across the bottom, the neat stamp itself, and the adorable flower clip! I'm sure your friend was thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete