Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Mailbox for my DD



Here is the lovely altered Target mailbox that I created for my dd. I always choose butterflies for her and I learned how to make my own roses with a 5 petal flower punch. I show a close-up above of the flowers, this was my first attempt and I just love how they turned out. This is a 1" five petal flower punch by EK Success that now has new life. I also used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and Spellbinders butterfly die. Many flower punches by Martha Stewart and Fiskars. I also used some bling on the butterfly bodies.
The scallop circle punches are Fiskars and a Creating Keepsake monogram rub-on.
This is a tradition I started last year where I leave each of my three children some candy and a small gift each day leading up to Valentine's Day. They love coming in from school and checking their mailbox for their treat. I decorated my two girls a mailbox last year, but the school needed donations for a raffle and off they went to the raffle. So this year it was back to the "creative" drawing board. I did not decorate these specifically for Valentine's Day this year so they can be used year around. This time I decorated them based on each childs' favorite color and personalities. Please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you about your family traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment