Friday, February 19, 2010

Sweet Baby Girl

I saw this card in one of the many magazines I love to "pour" over for ideas. I believe it was in, Cards. The cards are so beautiful in this publication, but the price is a bit steep, so I cannot afford to buy an issue too often. I must say, if you have not seen an issue of this publication, pick it up and look through it and you will fall in love.
This card was not too difficult, but be careful about the way your card opens and score the correct side of the baby bottle. I had to re-do this part because I was not paying attention.
Paper: white and light pink cardstock, The Paper Company; dp yellow with subtle stripes (this was a piece of scrap and I do not remember the source)
Stamps: Sweet Baby sentiment, Inkadinkado
Ink: Pixie Dust Dew Drop, Tsukineko; Vintage Photo, Distress Ink
Tools: paper crimper, Fiskars; corner rounder, EK Success; Crafters Companion
Technique: scored lines up side of baby bottle, rounded the corners of yellow paper to create the nipple of bottle, direct to paper inking of light pink strip.
Embellishements: pink hand prints ribbon, Ribbon Trends mini spool (Hobby Lobby)
This was a very cute and simple, yet unique baby card. I hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think. I will get back to posting the retreat cards soon.

1 comment: