Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Get Organized Wednesday- Card File Cabnet

I don't know about you, but I love to read how someone else organizes their supplies. So today I want to share with you my wonderful find for storing many of my cardmaking and scrapbooking supplies. We live in a University town and our local university has a surplus store where people from the town can walk in and buy items the university is getting rid of for one reason or another. When my dh saw this index (library)card cabinet, he thought it would be great for storing photos. Let me tell you I have mounds of them and thought this would be great, I could organize them and be able to find specific categories to scrap on a moments notices. So my wheels start turning. I did not see a price so I inquired and did not like the price I heard and one of the drawers is a mismatch, so I told my husband of the news, but also let him know that I REALLY wanted it and thought it would be very useful. He inquired about the price, this time pointing out the mismatched drawer and the price went down by $40.00. Now it was in a range that I was willing to pay. I told my husband I really wanted it, but we assesed it would not fit in our vehicle that day, but payed for it to pick it up another day.
When we got it home and into my craft space (which took some doing, it is very heavy) I found that it did not fit photos. They were too tall for each drawer, but my wheels started turning again and I looked at my every growing supplies and started sorting. The cabinet has 10 drawers which are quite deep and each drawer holds a large amount of supplies. The two drawers I am sharing with you today are the top two drawers. My 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock drawer, which can hold up to 22 packages of 50 sheet cardstock. Wow!! That is a lot of cardstock.
The second drawer holds many, many, pre-folded A2 cards, as well as, some smaller cards in the back of drawer. This makes it convienient when I am making a card to choose a card base quickly to go with the rest of the elements of my card.
I love this cabinet and it is full of supplies that used to be in boxes stacked on top of each other, to right at my fingertips. I will share more next week.
Leave me a comment, if you have any questions or want to share your favorite organizational piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment