Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inspired Stamps Fall Cards

Hello Everyone!  Happy Thursday.  Fall is in the air and that is what this weeks Inspired Stamps Blog post is all about.  Each DT member has created their own Fall themed card using different Inspired Stamps stamps. 
I chose to stamp it 3 ways. I love the colors of Fall, so I chose to use rust, mustard and olive to depict the leaves changing color.  I could not decide how I wanted to display my focal image (Whimsical Trees), so I tried several techniques.  The top card was made using glossy white cardstock and embossing the trees with clear embossing powder and then inking over the image with really rust, old olive and more mustard inks (resist embossing).  I used the ticket Sizzix die for large and small tickets.  The sentiment is from the Perfect Sentiments set. 
 The second card was made with watercolor paper  and watercolor crayons (same colors as listed above) to create the background.  I then heat embossed the trees with brown embossing powder.  I used the smaller trees in the Whimsical Trees set to stamp on the twill ribbon and colored with SU! markers in old olive and more mustard.
The scripture was and individual scripture verse, Inspired Stamps.

The third card was stamped in black onyx Versafine and colored with Prisma pencils.  It is very bright and cheery.  For the last two cards I used different Spellbinders dies to cut out focal image and matte as well as scallops.  It was a lot of fun to stamp it 3 ways and to get very different looking and feeling cards.  Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you all. Also please use the links on the left hand side to visit my DT members blogs and look at their beautiful fall creations.  Have a Blessed day and thanks for stopping by and looking.  Please feel free to use the link to the Inspired Stamps store to see these stamps and many more, including last weeks new September releases.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chere! Great set of Fall cards!! Love the different techniques & gorgeous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chere, I love the set and how unique each one is!! Beautiful!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, I love how you used the small trees on your twill ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't pick a fave-they are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job using the cute trees. I have been trying to figure out how I want to use them. Thanks for the inspiration. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete