Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bowling Birthday Treat bags

 Hello Everyone, 
We had a very busy weekend.  Everyone going this way and that.  My middle daughter celebrated her birthday.  She wanted a bowling party this year.  We invited boys and girls.  I needed to make the treat bags with items appropriate for all.
I decided to use small brown paper sacks (which I purchased at Sam's Club) as the base.  I cut a scalloped circle from white cardstock and the circle from red cardstock that I embossed with Cuttlebug folder for some texture.  I wanted to simulate the wood texture of a bowling lane, but I do not own a wood grain embossing folder.  I used a sticker as a template to trace my bowling pins (I used two layers, sticking together with foam tape).  I hand drew black outline of the pin.  I used scor tape to add the red ribbon embellishment at top of pin.  The bowling ball was a 1 and one quarter inch circle (one black, one white).  I added small holes with Crop- a- dile for finger holes.  I adhered the layers with foam tape.  I coated the top of ball with Glossy accents.  I made the girl bowling balls pink and the boy bowling balls black.

I used mini composition books for the boys and cut white circle and stamped the Boy Basics: Out of this World set, PTI.  I colored the rocket and flame with Copic markers.  I used the coordinating dies to cut out the rocket, moon and star.  I used foam tape to adhere these elements.


My son made each of the boys a beadie baby.  These are his own creations, because he did not consult a pattern.  My son also made a wrist watch out of beads (not shown).
I hand sewed pencil topper for each of the girls.  These were from an AG kit.  They turned out so cute. In each goodie bag was a coordinating pencil and notebook.  For the girls I found these cute glittered spiral notebooks to which I added the foam flowers.  The kids also received a fruit roll up, pack of gum and pack of life savers at my dd request.  These were fun to put together.  Thanks for stopping by and looking.  I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Your goody bags are so cute and clever! How awesome that you made those little bowling balls yourself! The goodies you put inside are wonderful too. I especially love your pencil toppers--you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete