Thursday, May 1, 2014

Inspired Stamps DT Thursday


 Good Morning.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to post this morning, so many technical difficulties.  I finally figured away through the back door and here is my post.
Today at Inspired Stamps we were to make Graduation or Congratulations cards.  Graduation season is upon us and very much on my mind since my oldest will be graduating at the end of the month.  Boy how time flies, you remember holding them in your arms as babies and then they are graduating and looking toward their futures.  As Christians we have peace in the fact that God knows His plans for us (even if we are not so sure) and His plans are for our good, not harm.  Praise God.  Sometimes we go along in life thinking we have everything under control.  We might have done the same job for decades and feel secure it will always be there, but then something happens and it is gone.  Our future seems shaky, unfocused.  Our plans have dissolved.  Rest in the hope that God has everything under control and His plans are in place for us.  Nothing happens to us without His knowledge.  Graduates, this is a new beginning for you and God has a plan for your lives.  Take the time to pray and ask Him to show you His plans for you and then listen and obey to what He tells you.


Today I have used the Inspired Stamps set:  His Plans for You.  I stamped verse and punched around using the corner and border punch with flowers and leaves from Martha Stewart. I then chalked the flowers and the leaves.
I have used Bazzill cardstock that I embossed with large embossing folder.  I stamped the sentiment inside and used my brass Sizzix embossing folder to emboss the graduation cap.  Does anyone remember these small plastic folders with the brass template that embossed images and words.  I do not get rid of my tools so I still have them and am trying to use some of these older tools again in my projects.
Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out the other DT projects.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment