Thursday, March 7, 2013

Inspired Stamps- DT Thursday

 Hello Everyone, it is Inspired Stamps, Thursday DT post.  This week we were challenged to use the scripture of our choice to make a project.  I have been trying to come up with ways to give a small gesture to those around us to let them know that they are on our minds and in our prayers.  My family loves cinnamon rolls and we had tried the generic to see if they were the same as the name brand:  our conclusion was that they were not exactly the same quality, but they did have a different delivery method for the icing which we liked much better.  The icing is in a bag, that you cut off a tip to apply.  Within the outer tube the icing bag is placed in a smaller cardboard tube with one end capped with a metal lid (I used two metal lids to make this project.)  My husband placed the cardboard tube and lids (once cleaned ) on my craft desk and said "you can probably figure out a project for these".  They sat there for weeks, but then it came to me and here it is.
 I made a treat box.  I used a 2 inch piece of paper and stamped Phil 4:13 from Tags set repeatedly.  I inked the strip with distress inks (a purple and broken china).  I made a tag using punches and sentiments from Tag set.  I cut flowers in two purple hues of paper, inked and formed the flower for the lid and the tag.
 For the inside:  Who wouldn't like some chocolate treats?  I stamped sentiments from the Card Ministry Basics set and punched with a 1 inch circle punch and adhered to bottom of chocolate pieces.
Here is a view of the treats in the box, with some of the sentiments showing.  Don't you think this would encourage the recipient?  My pastor recently said that when we give someone a gift, it really isn't about the gift, but it is about the love that we are expressing by giving the gift.  That is so true, isn't it.  Isn't great to know that someone was thinking of you?  So it doesn't matter how much the gift costs (here just the cost of the chocolate, everything else was recycled or scraps of paper in my scrap pile :) ).  Hope you enjoyed my project and that it inspires you to do a RAK for someone this week.  You will make their day, if not their whole week.  Ask God to place that special someone on your heart today.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Please don't forget to check out what the other DT members made this week by stopping by the Inspired Stamps Blog and check out the stamp sets and many others at the Inspired Stamps Store.   Go and check out some sneak peeks at the March release stamp sets.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you are so clever. I know I say that all the time, but you always blow me away with your projects. Love this idea AND I'm hungry for cinnamon rolls:)

    ReplyDelete