Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspired Stamps DT Post

Hello everyone!  Happy Thursday!  Today the Inspired Stamps DT was asked to create projects with nature stamps and scripture.  I couldn't decide what to do, so I had taken a trip with DH to the Dollar Tree and found some paper tape (used for bandaging wounds).  I had seen a tutorial back in September about making Washi tape with score tape and tissue paper.  Problem was my score tape is only 1/4 of an inch wide, but this paper tape could serve a similar medium.  It was worth the $1.00 to find out. I think it worked great.  Let me know what you think.
Inking paper tape with Distress ink.  You can make it as light or dark as you like.

I stamped the tape with images from Card Ministry Basics set.  This set has lots of sayings and some flowers, hearts and stems.  I stamped different images on each strip of tape.
I used ink to water color image.  I found this worked better than coloring with Copic markers.
So I added some ink to my non-stick matte and used my water brush to apply color to images.

I used the tape as clean stripes behind the scripture image, die cut with Spellbinder dies.
I made flowers from Kraft wrapping paper (also purchased from Dollar Tree).  The scripture
seemed perfect for a nature theme (.. I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands).  This
is an individual scripture stamp from Inspired Stamps.

This card was made with the left over strips.  I just staggered the strips and added scripture from Bind and Stitch set.
Please check out the other DT blogs to view their creations.  And be sure to check out Inspired Stamps to check out the stamps sets used
Thanks for stopping by and looking today.  Leave me a comment on what you think of this technique.  All the stamps used on the paper tape strips were from the Card Ministry Basics set, Inspired Stamps.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Love your idea and cards, I just might have to go find that tape myself & give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it's bandage tape...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! I love your custom made washi tape. The kraft flowers on the first card are so cute. You are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the tape, Chere!! Your card samples are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete