Friday, August 5, 2011

Stamp-a-faire Re-creations



At the PTI Stamp-a-faire we made 10 make and take card projects. I have becoming very far behind in my card ministry, so I decided to use some of these cards as my "sketch" to recreate the cards. For this card "Sending You Joy" I used most of the same stamp sets as original, except I used Turning a New Leaf for leaves (I believe a different set was used in original card. I also chose a different color scheme, loved the pinks that were used on the original but thought I would go with the traditional yellows for the sunflowers (Very bright and cheery, don't you think?)
I used dandelion and rich cocoa inks by Memento and old olive by Stampin Up!. The cardstock was Harvest Gold, PTI(I found myself reaching for it again, love it) and old olive, SU ( Must say I have always loved this color). I also used some yellow embroidery thread (came in a kit for making those friendship bracelets, lots of pretty colors. I knew they would look great on cards).



This second card I did not have any of the original stamps so I went through my stamps and found a flower center from a SU set that I used in Sea Breeze, Versa Magic ink and rich cocoa, Memento ink. The jar and flowers are from a set called Everyday Jar-gon by Clear Dollar stamps (it has several jar toppers, and images for inside the jar, fish, cookies, candy, and the flowers shown). It also has several sentiments as well, I used a sentiment from Warmest Regards, SU (just because it had a more formal feel)


I colored the image with Copic markers and used the embroidery floss and a button to finish off the card. For my ministry we send a lot of cards by mail and we have been charged extra postage if the card is too bulky, so I have had to limit the embellishments of late. I was inspired by the use of your stamps in a "new" way that we used on several of the cards at Stamp-a-faire. I guess I am a literalist, what ever the image I would use it for its intended purpose, I would never dream of using an image that did not fit the space, but it can really look great. If you are not familiar with the original cards from this event, please check out Nichole Heady's blog, capture the moment, you will find it as a link in my side bar.


Thank you for your comments, I love to hear from you and I want you to know "my fellow cardmakers" how truely inspired I am by your work. Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to recreate some of the beauties we made at SAF! I love the cheerful yellow on the sunflower card, especially the polka dots. The little jar is super cute, too. I may just have to break down and get one of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these cards! You really did a great job of CASEing both cards. How fun that you already have a jar set.

    ReplyDelete