Thursday, October 30, 2014

Inspired Stamps DT Thursday


Hello Everyone, It is Thursday and the Inspired Stamps DT is back with some new projects.  Today we were asked to make anything that included scripture.  My brain is still on Christmas projects since we are less than two months away.  I haven't placed stamped images on candles lately so I thought I would try with tea lights.  I used Inspired Stamps: Spring Sketches and Ephesians 5:20 individual scripture to decorate the tea lights and the the box.  





I cut out several circles of tissue paper with my Spellbinder circle dies.   I found it worked best if you cut several layers at a time with a piece of paper or cardstock on top.  This helps everything to cut nice and neat and release from the die.  I used the carstock piece as a template to find center to punch hole in tissue paper for the wick to come through.  I stamped on the tissue paper with Versafine ink and then turned each piece over to color with Copics (on the backside) and then punched the center hole using the cardstock template.  I then applied heat with my heat tool and melted the tissue paper to the top of the tea light.  I made the box and decorated with more Spring Sketches stamps and then added the scripture.  Voila, you are ready to give a small gift to a sweet friend.  You could leave the outside silver cup showing or wrap in decorative paper or do as I did and wrap with Washi tape.
I hope you enjoyed my project.  Make sure to check Inspired Stamps Blog for the rest of the DT projects and the continuation of the 12 weeks of Christmas posts each Friday for more inspiration.  Have a great day.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Chere. I love your tealights and box set. I hope this is not a stupid question, but I'm wondering, is it safe to burn the candles with the tissue paper melted onto it? I love the whole idea. Thanks.....Linda E.

    ReplyDelete