Thursday, March 20, 2014

Inspired Stamps DT Thursday

Happy Thursday.  Today at Inspired Stamps we are bringing you Easter cards or tags.  I chose to make two Easter cards.  I used the same stamp set; His Cross for each but chose different color Copic markers to color the image and different Distress inks for background technique.



 For this first card I chose to stamp the focal image on a 2 X 3 inch piece of white cardstock and color with black and purple Copic markers.  I then scored the image (front facing up) every .5 inches to make a faux tile look.  I then inked with Pumice stone and Dusty Concord Distress inks to make the "grout" lines pop.  I added some punched flowers and leaves and mounted on black.  I embossed white card with embossing folder and inked with Pumice stone and matted on black.  The inside of card I used 1 Peter 2:24 and embossed a few straight lines on side and bottom and added same flowers and leaves (but in purple).

For second card I used two different embossing folders and Pumice stone and Dusty Concord distress inks on both.  I cut out the embossed oval with leaves and used foam adhesive to mount to second embossed image and matted whole thing on black cardstock.  I colored the leaves with Distress markers and added punched flowers.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Please be sure to check out the other DT projects.  Don't forget to check out the Inspired Stamps blog for the 31 days of Art Journaling your bible study.  Antoinette has some beautiful art and tips to share with everyone.  This set as well as many others can be purchased in the Inspired Stamps online store.

1 comment:

  1. Chere, Beautiful cards! I love how elegant these are and how they really focus on the cross of Jesus! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete