Monday, October 29, 2012

Inspired Stamps October/November Releases

 Hello Everyone.  I hope you have been following the new releases for October/November for Inspired Stamps.  I think this is the fifth release, it is called "Thinking of You Girl".  I colored her with Copic markers and I used my colorless blender to add dimension to her shirt and headband.  (Give her a little plaid, I think she looks sweet).  I don't know if you know this about me but green (olive) is my favorite color, so these colors are a natural draw for me.  I gave her some big brown eyes.  The dp was just kraft and black and I colored in the green stripes with a crushed olive distress pen.

I  made a stairstep card once before last Chirstmas (but that was a whirlwind and I don't remember much about it, so I thought I would give it a go again).  I cut my cardstock to 4.25 X 10.5 inches.  I wanted it to fit in a standard A2 envelope when it was completed.  I scored the cardstock at 1.25, 2.5, 4.25, 6 and 8.25 inches.  I added strips of black cardstock to the two smaller panels.  I used the Fiskars scallop border punch for the front edge and some Prima flowers and a pearl in the center.  I stamped Romans 8:28 (individual scripture stamp) and cut with Spellbinders circle and a piece of olive cardstock with lacey circle to matte and attached this to second step. 
All of the new release stamps will be available this Friday in the Inspired Stamps Online Store, so please be sure to check out the Inspired Stamps Blog for more releases, prizes and coupons ( I believe there is a 40% coupon off your highest priced item in your cart until October 31).  
Thank you for stopping by today.  Let me know if you have ever tried making a stairstep card.  I think I will be making more for Christmas, what a terriffic way of displaying your card.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Chere, this is just beautiful!! Love the colours and great colouring job!! Hope you are keeping well. Take care! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Chere! Love how you made the plaid pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Chere! Love your coloring and the patterned you created. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card!!! love your coloring...

    ReplyDelete