Thursday, September 27, 2012

Inspired Stamps- DT Thursday Easel Card

 Hello and happy Thursday! Today at Inspired Stamps the Thursday DT was asked to make a Christmas easel card.  I chose to use this adorable 1 inch Snowman set, it comes with these cute images and many more (I had trouble choosing which images I wanted to use on the card).  It also comes with the sentiment "There is Snow God like our God". 
To make the card I started with a 4.25 X 11 inch piece of cardstock, which I scored at 5.5 and 8.25 inches.  I folded the card in half (at 5.5 inch mark) and then folded the 8.25 inch section up (this is where you will attach your front panel).  The front panel is 4.25 X 5.5 inches (this is a standard A2 card).  I cut a "wreath" using the second from the largest and the second from the smallest Spellbinder circle dies.  I taped the dies in place and cut them at the same time.  I also cut some snowflakes from the Spellbinder snowflakes dies and punched some with my Martha Stewart snowflake punch.  I used blue and white glitter paper for these snowflakes.  I punched several 1 inch circles and stamped images and colored with Copic markers, as you can see I colored all the snowmen with the same colors for consistency.  I added small red buttons and a double bow to finish off the wreath.
I used Martha Stewart Christmas paper with embossed snowflakes, which I matted with a piece of red cardstock to be consistent with colors used with the coloring of the snow people.
I used a 1.5 inch circle punch to punch out sentiment and placed it on a snowflake for easel part of card.
 To go with this verse I chose a verse from Christmas verses talking about the "uniqueness" of our God.  I hope you enjoyed this project, please be sure to check out all the DT blogs, the Tuesday DT made stair step cards and the Thursday DT made easel cards.  Remember that for every 25.00 spent at Inspired Stamps Store you can choose a free 3.99 stamp, this offer ends at the end of September.  Also check out the Inspired Stamps blog for upcoming events, such as the twelve weeks of Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Chere, I LOVE that you made a wreath out of adorable little snowmen :) Oh so sweet! And what a cool easel card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea with the snowman! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. Snowmen are my favorite and how you put them in a circle is so cute. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable snowman wreath, Chere! I love the snowflake behind the sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete