Thursday, August 30, 2012

Inspired Stamps- Thursday DT

Today the Thursday DT was asked to make projects for Christmas, as was the Tuesday DT.
You can check out all projects for this week at the Inspired Stamps blog .
For this weeks post I decided to try something, thinking a "bit out of the box".  I used three different sets to complete this project, Perfect Christmas sentiments, Winter Ruth and the Nativity set.






I stacked the various Christmas sentiments to form the shape of a tree.  I stamped them in Versa mark ink and embossed with Old Olive embossing poweder on a piece of 4X4 art canvas (Hobby Lobby).  I inked with Vintage photo and walnut distress inks.  I stamped the presents and ornament on pattern paper, cut out.  I used thin strips to act as the ribbon.  I had a piece of art canvas (Dollar Tree) and covered the picture with Christmas paper.  I used Ranger Glue and Seal to attach the paper to the canvas.  I used some green paper ribbon to cover the edges and made a paper bow. I added a piece of lace on the bottom.  I really like how this piece of home decor.  Please leave me a comment, letting me know what you think and be sure to check out these sets along with many others to start on your Christmas projects.  Christmas is less than 4 months away, so it is time to get crafting (Christmas cards, gifts, home decor).  Have a great day and be sure to check out the rest of the DT and their lovely Christmas projects this week.

Perfect Christmas Sentiments
Winter RuthDo you see the present and the ornament?  I inked these to leave off the hands and then used a marker to fill in  empty space (where hands were)
Nativity SetDo you see the star?  I just stamped the star and colored with Copic markers and cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment