Friday, August 31, 2012

Unity-Friends with Flair

Hello Unity Friends with Flair, it is Friday and a long weekend.  Two bonuses.  Hope you can get some crafting or relaxing done this weekend.
I needed a sympathy card for a sweet friend who just lost a loved one.  I tried to get a distressed, worn look with embossing and inking.  I used two Unity sets for this card:  Moments in Bloom and With Sympathy.  I stamped flowers with brown memento ink and then watercolored with some distress inks to add some color.  This is mostly a solid image stamp but I think you can see that some color is showing through.
Thanks for looking, sympathy cards are difficult to make.

12 comments:

  1. I agree, they are hard to make! This is really lovely though and sure to be a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathy cards are hard to make, but you did a great job on this one, it is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad when a loved one is lost. Your card I'm sure will bring comfort to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I am sure it was much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. I hope that it cheers your friend!

    Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'm sure the recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sympathy cards are super tough but yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure this comfort card will be greatly appreciated. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sympathy cards are always tough, but you did a beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very beautiful! I am sure it will touch the person who receives it.

    ReplyDelete