Saturday, September 25, 2010

PTI September Blog Hop- Larkspar Wedding card



This month's Blog Hop was to make a card from inspiration or technique learned from someone else's blog. I chose my friend Sara. http://theunhurriedlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/happy-birthday-nadine.html
Sara is an amazing card maker. I loved the card she made for Nadine's birthday and I wanted to give it a go. I stamped the Larkspar (PTI) image in cloud white chalk Versa Magic ink, and colored the image with colored pencils. I added some sparkle with a purple Sakura glitter pen. It looks very elegant in person, but I don't think you can see the glam in the photo. I wanted a very elegant card for a young couple who were recently married, so I added the Mr and Mrs sentiment to the bottom of the card. Since it was a wedding card I did want a little bit more Wow, so I added some sheer black ribbon, JoAnn Craft Essentials around the image tied in a bow and added a half pearl, K and Companyto center.
Please let me know what you think, I just love to receive your comments. Enjoy the hop and enjoy your weekend.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely colour combo - those flowers look beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful- I love the colors and the "chalky" feel of the image panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job coloring and glittering the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design, colors, and textures! The technique with these flowes is perfection! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! What an honor. Thanks for the shout-out:) I love what you did with these larkspurs. Your coloring is gorgeous, as always. Love the touch of the sheer black ribbon and pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my goodness, such a very lovely card! love the added shimmer with the gel pen! smart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful soft card with awesome embossing and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sara's blog too! Great job with this card, your flowers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo elegant - I love the way the colouring looks on the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colours and a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete