Friday, September 17, 2010

Get Well Soon, MFT




Hello again, it's Friday.
I am once again exhausted by my new schedule. Hopefully I well get used to it and won't feel like I have been hit by a Semi on Fridays. Well, to the cards. I once again was practicing with my "limited" collection of Copic markers. I do not own any skin tones. I had seen a card sample in the MFT booth at CHA, where the artist only colored certain items on the stamped image, so I tried that for the first card, only using my red Copic marker (R89). I cut out a red heart and other red embellies (red scallop matte, red grossgrain ribbon). I thought it still looked very sweet. The dp is DCWV. The second card I colored all except nurse bag and skin (don't own black or skin tones). I added the heart to the sentiment oval. I rounded two corners of the matte and image and used the Fiskars border punch.
I just loved these Pure Innocence sets by MFT. This one is called Best Medicine. I make many of the cards that are sent out within my church as a ministry. We send out a lot of thank yous, thinking of yous, baby cards, and get well cards. I will keep playing and practicing with the Copics.
Technique tip:
I was excited to see the tutorial at www.splitcoaststampers.com this week with Beate Johns. She demonstrated how you could use your Copics combined with your colored pencils. You lay down the foundation color with your Copics and shade with the color pencils. I have a lot more colors of pencils than I do my Copics, so I will have to try this new technique. She does recommend that you not use your Copics after using your colored pencils on your image because the wax in the pencil could ruin the nib on your Copic marker. Check it out, it is this weeks tutorial.
Have a great weekend and please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment