Thursday, July 17, 2014

Inspired Stamps DT Thursday

 Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday.  We are having awesome weather for summer.  It is mostly sunny in the low 70s.  Today the Inspired Stamps DT could choose any of the stamps released in the past 3 months.  I chose Genesis 1:1 and paired it up with Hymn: Earth and Weather (the stars come from a set called Psalm 91: Protection).
I used water color paper (smooth side) and stamped all the stars with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink, then I stamped the moon and the earth with Ranger Archival black ink (this is a nice ink to use with water coloring).  I then started layering the colors.  I added mustard  seed to the stars to give more depth of color.  I painted around the stars with tumbled glass, broken china and stormy sky.  I painted the earth with salty ocean and added black soot around the edges of piece and around the edges of scripture piece.  I popped up the scripture piece with foam adhesive.  I matted the piece on black cardstock and then on a white card base.
I added glitter pen to the stars, I like how the piece turned out.  Let me know what you think.
Attention:  Inspired Stamps is having a one week contest
Leave a comment stating what kind of fall or Christmas stamps you would like to have made into a stamp set and at least one commenter will be chosen to have their idea turned into a stamp set and they will receive two of this set (one for them and one for a friend).  So if you have any ideas, please leave a comment on the Inspired Stamps Blog or FB page by this time next week.  Only one comment per household will be considered be sure to comment before post next week to be eligible.  The winner will be announced on the Inspired Stamps blog so be sure to check back there.  Check out  the currently available stamps and sets at the Inspired Stamps Online Store.  Check out the Inspired Stamps Blog for more details and to see the other beautiful artwork by the talented DT.
 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Chere, I LOVE the way this turned out!! The inking really makes the Scripture pop!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete