Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Music sheet Christmas cards

 I know it is past Christmas but this style can be used for all occasions, so I thought I would share.  I absolutely loved making this card.  I copied some music out of an old hymnal.  We love books in my house and have a hard time destroying them, so I could not bring myself to pull out the pages to use directly.  I cut the pages down to fit card front, some of the songs were shorter so the music was a bit smaller but then I just created a larger border at top of card.  I inked the music sheets with distress inks.  I then stamped different snowflakes from Snowflake kisses set, Unity.  I stamped the snowflakes with tumbled glass and broken china distress inks.  I added a border strip and stamped a sentiment from different stamps sets from various companies.  I used various circle punches to punch out circles from solid color and music sheet, then added bling in the middle.
I used the Fiskars snowflake border punch for bottom edge of card.  I added a border with solid paper and music sheet at bottom border of inside as well.  I had fun making these and they were easy to do in multiples.
A sheet of a love song could be used with heart stamps and Valentine sentiments could be used to make a lovely Valentine card.  If you and your significant other have a special song, you could use it as the background paper.
Another variation would be to use sheet music for Happy Birthday and birthday stamps for a great birthday card.  I hope this helps get your creative juices flowing to make a card for the music enthusiast in your life.  Have a great day.  I will be back Thursday with an Inspired Stamps post and Friday with a Unity Friends with Flair post.  Thanks for stopping by and please stop by again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment