Thursday, October 24, 2013

Inspired Stamps DT Thursday

 Today we are getting ready for Christmas with some more cards to the long list of those needed.  I used the 1.5 inch circle Christmas stamps and punched a 1.5 inch window into the front of the card.  I then punched a 1.5 inch circle on a piece of red and green cardstock and then centered my scallop circle punch over the punched circle to create the frames on each card front.  I went through my stock of Christmas papers for patterns that I felt would complement each stamp and added a bit of embossing detail to the solid cardstock on the fronts.  I used Christmas embossing folders, that I got at the end of last season and have not had much time to play with since.  I am loving them.  This stamp set comes with 6 circle stamps and my plan was to make a card with each because it was so much fun to create these, but alas life called me back to reality.  There was kids to pick up, dinner to make, dishes to clean and other such obligations.  Why do these necessities always come around when we are busy crafting? ha ha!
I colored small bits of the stamp with my Copic markers and added some bling.  I am in love with Baker's twine so I added a bit of that as well, I need to get better at keeping it taught when I tie the bow. Uugghhh!

This above is the inside of the card 1.
Card 2:   I inked the embossed cardstock with walnut stain and was a bit better in the bow tying area.


Inside of card 2:  Again I added some bling and colored the star with metallic pens.  I stamped tree a second time with green and cut out and adhered.
Please visit the Inspired Stamps blog for more creations and the Inspired Stamps store for these stamps and many others.  Have a blessed day and thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment