Thursday, September 19, 2013

Inspired Stamps DT Thursday

Hello Everyone.  The weather has cooled a bit and the leaves are starting to turn and fall from the trees so this beautiful time of the year is my inspiration for this weeks card.  The card was to contain a HLO, so I used HLO Thankful Girl and a 2 X 2 scripture. I colored her hair and skin with Copic markers and paper pieced her outfit (green is my favorite color, can you tell :) ).  I went back into my supplies and I had this large Sizzix leaf die and I thought the 2 X 2 scripture would fit and it did.  I cut it in a yellow orange and then used distress inks in oranges, red and brown to bring out the Fall colors.  I tied a ribbon around bottom notch of leaf for more visual interest.  I mounted everything onto a piece of Kraft cardstock that embossed with the woodgrain folder by Tim Holtz.  I also added some walnut stain to bring out more life and rounded the corners.  Please let me know what you think and I hope you are digging through your old tools and designing some new creations.  I am having a lot of fun using tools that I have had since I started crafting.

Have a great week and thanks for stopping.  Please check out the other DT blogs for more beautiful creations and if you are interested in these stamps or others by Inspired Stamps please check out the online store and the Inspired Stamps blog for more inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chere! This is a great card. That leaf is a perfect fit for the verse. I really like the wood bg too. Sorry I've been out of touch for far too long. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete