Thursday, October 21, 2010

Time for Tea- Get Well Soon


Hello everyone. I think I told you that I make cards of encouragement for my church, well recently I was asked to take off the embellishments that "stick up" on the card because our post office was charging 20 extra cents to process the cards by hand. I didn't think I added too much stuff on these cards, but anyway I am now just making some CAS cards now. I chose the Time for Tea set from PTI. I had purchased this set with the teacup die and wow how easy was that. Die cut the teacup and stamp image on top of the die. It lines up beautifully. I used really rust and old olive ink, Stampin' Up!
Please let me know if you have experienced anything similar at your post office when sending your hand crafted creations. I know the above card is a bit bland without the embellishments, but I am sure that it will still encourage the recipient.
Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Just my style. Love the layout and colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a shame that you were asked to take off the embellishments. I heard a story the other day that a lady had to pay different amounts of money for her wedding invitations even though they were all practically the same. Great cards though :) xo

    ReplyDelete