Thursday, October 14, 2010

Musical Butterfly- Get Well card

I made this card for a sweet lady in our church who had just undergone emergency surgery. She is very musically talented, so I thought the image was cheery and appropriate.
I purchased the butterfly image at a local stamp store, not sure who the image is by. The store owner had taken large sheets of unmounted stamps and cut them apart and packaged them for individual retail. I liked the butterfly with the sheet music. My daughter plays the piano and we have occasions to give gifts to her piano teacher and I thought this image would be cute.
Stamp: butterly with sheet music, source unknown; sentiment, PTI
Ink: close to cocoa, Stampin Up!, antique linen, distress ink
Tools: Music embossing folder, Cuttlebug
Embellishments: turquoise and brown striped ribbon, Michael's
Techniques: distress inking. I purchased the sponge pads to go on the Tim Holtz' inking handle and I just love it.
Please let me know what you think. I appreciate the comments. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. She is going to love it. You did a great job on the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful. I love the pop of the blue ribbon. What a beautiful butterfly, too. This came together so well. I am sure she is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete