Saturday, May 22, 2010

Feel Better Soon


For our churches card ministry we send out lots of thank you cards, thinking of you, baby cards, sympathy, and get well cards. So here is a clean and simple get well card that I feel could be both masculine or feminine. I don't know about the rest of you, but when it comes to making a masculine card I freeze, total creative block. I am trying to work that creative "muscle" more, but it is much easier for me to create a feminine card.
Post a comment on how you make a card more masculine.
Paper: moss green, Stampin Up!; dp, Cafe Mediterranean, DCWV
Stamps: Sentiments, American Crafts clear stamps
Ink: orange, Stampabilities Dye ink; Close to cocoa, Stampin Up!
Tools: ovals, Nestablilites; paper piercer and mat, Stampin Up!, metalic pens gelly roll, Sakura; corner rounder, EK Success
Embellishments: twill ribbon
Technique: I had uneven coverage on the sentiment, so I went over it with a brown glitter gelly roll pen and then decided to carry it over to image by adding a small dot in each "bud"

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card. I think it's a great layout. The twill ribbon seems to make it more masculine too.

    ReplyDelete