Thursday, November 14, 2013

Inspired Stamps Thursday DT

 Today I used one of the stamps from last week's November Release to make a gift card holder.  'Tis the Season to be thinking about Christmas cards and gift card holders.  Gift cards are becoming quite popular due to the fact the recipient can pick out their own gift and you do not have the tremendous shipping costs.  I have to admit I like to receive gift cards but I still love receiving something someone has thought about me and picked out.
I found this particular matchbook gift card fold at songofmyheartstamps.typepad.com.  I liked it because you can make four gift card holders from one 12 X 12 piece of cardstock.
How to:
Cut a 3 X 12 inch strip of cardstock and score at 3.75, 8, 8.75 and 9.5 inches.  Punch a shape out of holder side (I used 1.25 inch circle punch).  This will allow you to easily grab the gift card out of holder.  Then add thin strip of sticky strip (it needs to be thin so you have room for your gift card in the "envelope".  Also add thin piece of sticky strip to bottom of the matchbook fold near the lower edge (needs to be at the lower edge so top flap can easily tuck in to close card).
Card is finished, very easy.  As I said you can get 4 of these from one 12 X 12 piece of cardstock.  I made a minor adjustment to some of the others I made. This version has a flat flap, but if you are adding anything with a bit of bulk (say you want to add the gift card to a tag with a ribbon pull) then I added another score line at 4 inches.  I used all the same score lines as above but added an additional score line at 4 inches and this gives the "traditional" matchbook look.  The flatter version would be much easier to mail, since it is flat.  The second version would be better for hand delivery.
I hope you have a blessed day.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find this tutorial helpful.  Please be sure to drop by the Inspired Stamps blog to see more beautiful creations by the design team and Jamie's tutorial from Wednesday on how to creatively wrap chocolate bars for gift giving.  Also be sure to find this stamp and all of the new releases and so much more at the Inspired Stamps Online Store. Currently their is a coupon to celebrate Inspired Stamps 3rd Birthday, so hurry so you don't miss the savings.

1 comment:

  1. Chere, this is SO FANTASTIC!! Thank you so much for including the instructions...I have put your post as part of our 12 Weeks of Christmas Tutorials over on the blog! Fabulous! Thanks for all you do for Inspired Stamps!
    Blessings,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete