Thursday, December 20, 2012

Inspired Stamps, DT Thursday

Hello, wow can you believe it, by this time next week Christmas will have come and gone.  I am not yet ready.  I have been working diligently for days, but it just seems like there is not enough time.  I don't know about you, but I am always looking for a way to gift goodies for teachers, secretaries, you know all the important people in our lives that do so much each day and sometimes seem to go unnoticed.  I found this cute box template, while surfing the blogosphere and gave it a try.  I wish I could remember where to give credit, but alas no. 
This box requires one sheet of 8.5 X 11 inch paper, score the 11 inch side at .75 inches, 4.5 inches, 6.5 inches and 10.25 inches, score the 8.5 inch side at 2 inches and 6.5 inches.  Crease all the fold lines except the .75 and 10.25 (these are where the top of the box is located, I covered with piece of scalloped green paper, see below). I added a button closure, but you could add handles with ribbon.
I used some dp as background to Winter Ruth (isn't she gorgeous?).  I colored her with Copic Markers and used a sentiment, inked and stamped in pieces from the Perfect Christmas sentiment set, Inspired Stamps.  I added a rosette (Sizzix die) with a button and filled with chocolates.  This is a quick and easy box from one sheet of paper with scores but no cuts that will be perfect for all those treats to tell those people in our lives how special they are.  This is my "last minute" idea for Christmas, since it always seems like I am making these things at the last minute.  I hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, the Inspired Stamps DT will be taking a break for the holidays, but I hope to be back from time to time with posts of my Chirstmas card designs (yes, still working on those too).  Please be sure to check out the other DT posts for their wonderful "last minute" Christmas ideas.  We hope you have been inspired to use these wonderful and inspirational stamps from Inspired Stamps in your holiday crafting.  Enjoy this time with family, friends and the Lord.  Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment