Friday, February 24, 2012

Unity- Friends With Flair

Hi Today is a Unity- Friends with Flair post. 
 I ordered some Unity stamps a while back and have been antsy to get them inky.  I made this with a sweet friend in mind.  I used the itty bitty "Hello my friend" set.


5 X 5 card using Marth Stewart punch all over the page crochet flower pattern
and itty bitty set Hello my friend.

I recently discovered these Martha Stewart punch all over the page punches and they have a gridded base help you align the pattern to punch in a straight row.  It is a wonderful effect for a card.  I do need to tell you that you will need some muscles to punch through (especially thick cardstock like this spring moss, PTI cardstock).  The directions say for best results, press top of punch evenly with both hands.  Use a cutting mat to protect your work surface.  By the ninth punch my hands were sore and I was not having the strength to punch through.  Thankfully my DH loves gadgets and was fascinated by my ability to align the pattern, so he was in the wings watching the process.  He punched the last one for me and said to "push on it like you were giving CPR".  I do love the effect, but I think I will have to perfect the technique.
Card Recipe:
Paper:  aqua mist (card base), spring moss, PTI; white, Georgia Pacific
Stamps:  hello my friend, itty bitty by Unity
Ink:  tuxedo black, Memento
Techniques:  punched background using Martha Stewart punch all over the page, crochet flowers punch; colored image with Copic markers
Embellishements:  crystal effects, SU!
Let me know what you think by leaving me some kind words.  Have a great weekend.

18 comments:

  1. I love how you colored that heart and that punched background is lovely, stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chere, this is Absolutely beautiful!! I LOVE the punched background - it's truly worth the effort ;) What a delightful design!! Love this!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...hold the phone...this background is amazing! I must check this out! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I think I need to look for those punches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- I'm going to have to look for a punch like that. Thank goodness for someone else's muscles. I have to do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, just LOVE the punch all over thingy that you did....it makes the heart really stand out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamp looks wonderful perched on top of that lacy background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute we never have too much love. your flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background is stunning and the card is worth all the hard work. My DH is often fascinated with the tools of crafting but has never stepped in to rescue me like yours did:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen those punches, but I was never sure how they worked. Wow, it sure makes an amazing background! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very cool! Love the all over look! Thank heavens for dh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOw! I love the design and how you used the lace punch! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used the punch to create that gorgeous lattice background! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous effect using that punch. My husband would definitely be interested in how it works too! He's always wandering over to my corner to check out any new tools I have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Love what that punch does! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work with that punch! I thought you'd found a lovely new die! Such a sweet stamp, too. Hope you've been well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Thanks for the heads up about the punch. I love the affect, but punches can be hard on my hands.

    ReplyDelete