Friday, May 20, 2011

Rainbow butterflies



Hi, I am back again. I have been so busy lately I have not had time to keep up my blog. I hope that will change for a while and I will be able to post some of my creations. I have been trying the embossing technique of embossing the layers of the card together I will post a few of those in another post, but I thought I would try just adhearing the center of the butterfly to the embossed card base, sort of like the butterflies were mounted. I did not want to cut each of the stamped butterflies out by hand so I looked for a stamp that was close in shape and size to my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and found this rubber cling stamp by Cloud 9 Design.

I wanted to pull the colors back into the card, so I created an orange scalloped border with a thin red strip. The card base was cut down a tad and scalloped as well revealing a yellow scalloped piece on the inside (can't see in this photo). I thought this tied in all the colors nicely. I used Copic markers to shade in the center of the butterflies for more depth. Thank you again for looking and I would love to hear from you.

Paper: white card base, DCWV; dp, DCWV, red, orange and yellow cardstock, The Paper Company

Stamps: Rubber cling Butterfly set, Cloud 9 Design

Ink: Tuxedo black, Memento; Copic markers

Tools: butterfly punch, Martha Stewart; scallop border punch, Fiskars; embossing folder, Sizzix

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I really like the embossing on the bg and the colors. It's a great idea to find a stamp that is close enough to that punch. I've done that too, because you know how lazy I am when it comes to cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly like the way you design this card, cute butterfly designs and good color combination w/ all the buttons.
    Great work of art!
    Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyer

    ReplyDelete