Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas card creations

With my school schedule and the many other things going on in my life during this season, I found myself upon Christmas without any Christmas cards. So I set up a table in our office/craft room and set to work on December 23 and 24, yes Christmas Eve. My goal was to take them to church and have them delivered to everyone at Christmas Eve Service. I made only about 35 cards this year, usually I make around 60. So, I am sorry to those who did not receive one this year, but I did not have any time. I made multiples of each of the following cards to reach my 35 card total. I also had to write in and address each card, plus I made a few special ladies in my life a little notepad, and for some I also made a beaded bookmark with their monogram or a charm. I will post those later. Then after all was over and the mission was accomplished, I got the flu for Christmas. I came home and helped wrap (Christmas Eve tradition) as many presents as I could took some flu medicine and went to bed. I stumbled out Christmas morning when the kids woke us up, but by early afternoon was back in bed until Sunday. I thanked God several times that it was this version of the flu and not another and thanked Him for the time off and much needed sleep. Enjoy this joyous season and take time to thank God for the gift He gave and the gifts He continues to give to us each day.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment