Thursday, July 12, 2012

Inspired Stamps-DT post


Thank you for stopping by today.  Today the Inspired Stamps DT was asked to make creations that have a summer theme.  Easy enough huh?  Not for me.  I struggled with what to create.  I have been looking around the blog-o-sphere and two things spoke to me.  Using clouds as a background and using a dimensional element like the sun.  I hope you like what I came up with.


For today's card I used God's Creatures-Pets set by Inspired Stamps.  I thought the quote, "All things bright and beautiful.  All creatures great and small.  All things wise and wonderful.  The Lord God made them all" was a perfect addition to my blue sky with the bright and glittery sun..  I punched a scalloped circle from yellow cardstock and wrapped friendship cord around following the scallops 2X and then I added some adhesive and placed the rays behind the image.  I added a button to top and applied some stickles for som shine.  I also added some stickles to outline each die cut cloud image. I double matted the blue (SU!) cardstock with white and black for the card base. It definately reminds me of the the summer days we been having.  We are actually praying for some rain, to help the plants and to cool things off a bit.  I hope you have a great day and do not forget to visit the other DT blogs to see their summer creations and to share some kind words.  We love to get comments.  Also I want to remind you to check out Antoinette's blog, she is looking for DT members and I believe you still have time to send her your art work.  So check out her blog for more details.  All Inspired Stamps are made in the USA and orders ship out very quickly.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful design, Chere! I love the silver lining on your clouds and the darling sun rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chere, I love the summery feel of your card and perfect verse choice!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete