Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chalkboard Technique

Wow! Where have I been. I have been very busy creating and have not posted in a few weeks. I hope I was missed and now I have some cute projects to share. This card was inspired by my friend Sara's blog
www.theunhurriedlife.blogspot.com. She had a beautiful card with this chalkboard technique, so I thought I would give it a go. I did not think mine was as vibrant as hers and I recently purchased a new white stamp pad and I will see if it makes a difference.
Paper: Black card blank, DCWV; black, orange, and green cardstock, The Paper Company
Stamps: Flowers and butterfly, Inkadinkado; sing, Brenda Walton
Ink: Cotton white, StazOn
Tools: scallop circle punch, EK Success; circle punch, EK Success; Cuttlebug embossing circle/flowers folder; stiching template and poker, Stampin Up!
Technique: stamped images in cotton white and colored with chalk
Embellishments: orange striped ribbon, purchased by the yard at local scrapbooking store

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card! I love what you did with this technique. The colors are so beautiful and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete